BLEMISHED: These handguards have some form of cosmetic defect but are otherwise 100% functional. Defects may be in the form of dents, dings, scratches, inconsistent finish, etc. While cosmetically imperfect, these handguards will still give you the same great features and functionality as out standard handguards but at a discounted price.
To remove by cutting.
The eXcise Optimized handguard series is designed to give the end user the perfect blend of modularity and weight reduction, while maintaining excellent strength and rigidity. By removing material in strategic areas, we were able to retain all of the most frequently used MLOK mounting locations while eliminating mass wherever possible. Nitrided steel QD inserts are included towards the rear for a bombproof connection between the handguard and your sling. Vented ports between the picatinny rails promote air flow, and the triangulated eXcise pattern directs stress around the strongest parts of the handguard. The eXcise Optimized handguards have everything you need, right where you need it, and absolutely nothing else.
Our clamping system is another feature that sets our handguards apart from the competition. The Retention Plate is made from the same nitrided and heat treated 4140 steel as the Barrel Nut, and the two key together to prevent the handguard from slipping forward under extreme use or recoil. The 18-8 black oxide clamping screws thread into the Retention Plate for a solid steel on steel connection. There's no aluminum threads to strip or helicoils to pull out, and the Retention Plate design helps to minimize the potential of over tightening the clamping screws.
A note from Phillip: Due to the slim nature of our handguard, it is not compatible with any aftermarket piston kit or with any piston operated AR variant, and may not be compatible with some clamp on gas blocks. A low profile set screw gas block is highly recommended. Use of the integral QD sockets are not compatible with bull barrels or barrels that are full thickness directly behind the QD socket.
- 12.625" eXcise Optimized AR-15 Handguard
- MIL-A-8625 Type III Class II Black Hard Coat Anodized
- Slim Profile with 1.3" ID and 1.5" OD
- Heat Treated and Nitrided 4140 Barrel Nut and Retention Plate
- Proprietary Barrel Nut accepts 30mm or 1-3/16" Crowsfoot Wrenches
- Custom Barrel Nut Wrench Optional
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Body
- 11.4oz Weight Including Barrel Nut and Mounting Hardware
- 100% Made in the USA!
Enhanced by Design:
- Nitrided Steel QD Sling Mount Inserts (2x)
- Steel Clamp Screws thread into Steel Retention Plate
- No Helicoils or Aluminum Threads
- Anti-Slip Retention Plate keys into Barrel Nut
- Anti-Rotation Tabs
- No Barrel Nut Timing Required
- Does Not Contact the Gas Tube
- Fully Chamfered and Dehorned